Technology has become a centerpiece for everything we do. We use it to stay connected with work, home, school, and everything in between. Whether we are writing a report for work, doing research for school, tracking our social media accounts, or just hanging out surfing the web, we want to be able to access all our information from one place. Microsoft has worked hard to keep up with our ever-changing world of technology and interconnectedness with Windows 10.
Microsoft created two versions of the system, Home and Pro. The Pro Edition was made to target the corporate and business users, as it has extra features that concentrate on increased security and compatibility. Great for multiple computers on a single network. But for everyday users, Windows 10 Home Edition is more than enough to satisfy all your needs without the frills.
Not the right Windows 10 product you were looking for? Check out our selection of additional Microsoft Windows 10 software today.
With the upgraded operating system comes the awesome features that make it awesome. Microsoft has gone above and beyond with the great features they’ve put into 10. They have brought back something that users missed, made it so much easier to use, and made it even easier to keep all your devices connected.
These main features make Windows 10 easy and even fun to use.
- Cortana. Cortana is the virtual assistant you never knew you wanted. She’s your personal secretary without the payroll. She takes dictations, creates grocery lists, aids in research, opens apps, and surfs the web. She makes hands-free note-taking to a new level. You can also ask Cortana to remind you to pick up diapers near a store. An awesome feature for moms juggling more than any one person should.
- Edge. This is the new web browser included in Windows 10. Reporting faster speeds and great special features like the new reading mode. This reading mode removes all the extras on the page to make reading much easier and more comfortable for the user. It also allows readers to create a list of future reads for them to come back to.
- Continuum. This is the touchscreen software in Windows 10. Unlike the old operating systems that initially automatically set the touch screen, this system detects the hardware being used and, subsequently, the proper interface for the users’ needs.
- Virtual Desktops. Under the task view option in Windows 10, users can create separate workstations for different users or projects. This helps keep a great organization of the many files a user may have and gives easy access.
- Universal Apps. This is one of the coolest features. This allows users to sync any of the apps they’ve gotten in the Windows store with all the users’ devices, including PCs, tablets, and the Xbox.
Microsoft Windows 10 Home Edition 32 Bit System Requirements
- Memory: 1GB RAM for the Windows 10 Home Edition 32-bit version
- Hard Disk: 16GB available disk space
- Computer Processor: 1 Ghz or greater
- Graphics: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.
- Display: 800x600
5 Reasons you should switch
The above features are awesome, but some still wonder, “Why should I switch?”. What could be so much better about Windows 10 Home than the Windows I am using now? PC magazine listed 10 awesome reasons why you should switch. These are just a few of those reasons.
- Speed. Overall improved speed, including during startup. Another speed boost, aimed at the world's gamers, comes from DirectX 12 (the new 3D engine), which takes gaming to a new level of speed and experience.
- Start Menu. Yes, the start menu is back and better than ever. The new tile-based layout makes touchscreen access much easier. It also maintains up-to-the-minute updates on app tiles like Twitter and Facebook, so you’re always s click away from connecting.
- Cortana. This feature is like the talking brain of the system. It doesn’t just answer voice commands, it also keeps track of things like favorite sports team scores and weather.
- New Browser. This browser runs at a much faster speed than the old ones. It is much more energy-efficient and features better compatibility than browsers like Firefox and Chrome.
- Xbox App. Gamers are going to love this feature and are going to need it. Not on can you manage your Xbox friends and achievements, but you also stream games from your console to your PC and vice Versa. It also allows you to play multiplayer games with other Xbox players on your PC.
With awesome upgrades, great new features, and the return of some reinvented staples Windows 10 Home Edition gives the user everything they could possibly need. Cortana is a great partner to a stay-at-home mom who doesn’t have enough hands to juggle everything she must do. The Xbox app gives gamers so much freedom in customizing their gaming experience. Microsoft kept everyone in mind when they decided to create Windows 10. There are limitless possibilities for what you can accomplish with Windows 10 Home Edition.